Free Tax Disc from DVLA

Another snippet of Social Welfare information, you may also be entitled to a free tax disc for your car if you are claiming the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance. Claiming a free tax disc can be done by contacting the DVLA. You may not get a disabled tax disc but if you are in receipt of DLA (further info on please apply.

There is also a PDF file on the DVLA website with further details.

In order to qualify for this, you will need to prove your exemption. Your exemption certificate could be the:

  • Certificate of Entitlement to Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
  • annual Certificate of Entitlement
  • DLA 404 Certificate
  • MHS330 Certificate (Disabled Passenger Scheme only)
This entry was posted in Social Welfare. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.