Dear families and friends of DBA UK,
We are now in the final preparation stages for the 2016 Family Weekend starting on Friday 20th May.
We still have a few rooms left, and we would love to fill them all, so if you are still interested in coming, please use our online booking form as soon as possible to avoid disappointment –
Some final points to remember –
- Please bring towels with you, all bedding is provided for you though
- Be sure to bring clothes for your children that you don’t mind them getting muddy in! Also if you have been to Family Weekend previously and still have your DBA UK t-shirts, please bring them along to wear on the Saturday for our group photo! (If you haven’t been before, t-shirts will be provided!)
- If you need high chairs or baby baths, you will need to bring your own as PGL do not provide these, the bathrooms are wet room style, so we would suggest baby baths for the little ones.
- When you get to the PGL gates, if you head in and to the left, that’s where Reception is, they can direct you to where we are from there, as based on what time you arrive, we will be in different locations (see draft agenda below) When you arrive, you will be given a welcome letter and copy of the agenda, so don’t worry about bringing it with you
- We will be running our own bar and fundraising games during the weekend, so bring some change with you! Further to this, if you are able to bring some lovely raffle prizes, we will be running a raffle on the Saturday night alongside the BBQ
- The committee always needs fresh blood too! If you are interested in joining the DBA UK committee to help support our families, fundraisers and research projects, please email the DBA UK Secretary, Kieran Teasdale at –
The closing date for accepting nominations to join the committee will be Friday 6th May
Please see below a draft agenda for the weekend (click image to download in word format), we are still waiting on some final confirmations of speakers and timings, so this is subject to change, but will give an idea of the flow of the weekend –
If you have any other questions about attending the Family Weekend, please feel free to email the DBA UK Secretary, Kieran Teasdale – email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you all soon!
Your DBA UK Committee