- EuroDBA: Building Global Bridges (2nd symposium, October 2017)
- Jeans for Genes Day/Genetic Disorders UK Grant for DBA UK
- Great North Run (The World’s Biggest Half Marathon) 2017
- 2017 Family Weekend BOOKING NOW OPEN
- Genetic Alliance UK report on genome editing – “Genome editing technologies: the patient perspective”
- Answering questions about rare inherited anaemia!
- DBA UK Family Weekend 2016 Summary
- Congenital Anaemia Network – Family Day
- Final Preparations for Family Weekend 2016
- DBA UK Funding CRISPR Gene Research
- DBA UK Family Weekend 2016 – BOOKING OPEN
- Happy New Year!
- Support from Rainbow Trust
- DBA UK 2017 Calendar
- Great North Run 2016!
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Grant for DBA UK!
- St Mary’s Hospital Celebrates 1000 FerriScans
- IMAX for DBA UK!
- Gimme 5 Campaign!
- DBA UK Calendar
News by category
Category Archives: In the news
Genetic Alliance UK report on genome editing – “Genome editing technologies: the patient perspective”
Interesting report on genome editing from our friends at Genetic Alliance UK. Patients overwhelmingly support the use of genome editing technologies in research, where that research is focused on treating medical conditions. Further details can be found here: https://www.geneticalliance.org.uk/news-events/news/report-launch-genome-editing-the-patient-perspective/
Dear Friends and Families of DBA UK, After a hugely successful Great North Run 2015, the date for the 2016 GNR has been set as Sunday 11th September 2016, so pop it in your diaries and start training! Further to … Continue reading
St Mary’s Hospital Celebrates 1000 FerriScans From Perth to Paddington! St Mary’s Hospital has become one of the first hospitals in Europe to reach a milestone of providing 1000 FerriScans (the Gold Standard MRI for measuring Liver Iron Concentration) for … Continue reading
DBA UK has processed a registration for the European Network for Rare and Congenital Anaemias (ENERCA). This will hopefully give us greater Europeans connections, expand the scope of DBA UK as well as future research and care programmes. You can … Continue reading
UPDATE – Just a quick update to let you know that we have now filled all our DBA UK spaces in the Great North Run 2015! This is fantastic news to know we have such keen runners amongst us, June Kynoch … Continue reading
DBA UK are delighted to announce details of a GBP 10,000 grant towards the DBA family weekend in 2016. The grant has been awarded by Jeans for Genes Day / Genetic Disorders UK, following our successful application/presentation in 2014. Jeans … Continue reading
[View the story “EuroDBA Symposium – Building Global Bridges” on Storify]
We are very excited to tell you about a world first meeting happening in Freiberg, Germany over September 19th and 20th, hosted by the EuroDBA Consortium. This is a global gathering of clinicians, researchers and patient advocates from 25 different countries, … Continue reading