- EuroDBA: Building Global Bridges (2nd symposium, October 2017)
- Jeans for Genes Day/Genetic Disorders UK Grant for DBA UK
- Great North Run (The World’s Biggest Half Marathon) 2017
- 2017 Family Weekend BOOKING NOW OPEN
- Genetic Alliance UK report on genome editing – “Genome editing technologies: the patient perspective”
- Answering questions about rare inherited anaemia!
- DBA UK Family Weekend 2016 Summary
- Congenital Anaemia Network – Family Day
- Final Preparations for Family Weekend 2016
- DBA UK Funding CRISPR Gene Research
- DBA UK Family Weekend 2016 – BOOKING OPEN
- Happy New Year!
- Support from Rainbow Trust
- DBA UK 2017 Calendar
- Great North Run 2016!
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Grant for DBA UK!
- St Mary’s Hospital Celebrates 1000 FerriScans
- IMAX for DBA UK!
- Gimme 5 Campaign!
- DBA UK Calendar
News by category
Category Archives: Research and Medical
The 2nd “EuroDBA: Building Global Bridges” meeting in Freiburg, Germany commenced on 5th October 2017. Over 115 clinicians, researchers or family support group representatives were in attendance, spanning 27 countries, including China. The meeting represented an opportunity to share … Continue reading
A ground-breaking group of rare disease stakeholders have come together to form a Priority Setting Partnership (PSP) to find out what matters to patients, carers and clinicians in the field of rare inherited anaemias. The group is calling on all stakeholders in the … Continue reading
Hello to all our DBA UK Families and Friends, we hope that those of you who attended our Family Weekend event at PGL Caythorpe found it useful, informative and a place for new connections. For anyone who wasn’t able to … Continue reading
Hello to all our DBA UK Patients, Families and Friends, we wanted to update you regarding some exciting research we have agreed to fund. Firstly though, a note from our Chair, Leisa Batkin – “For every cake baked… race ran…. river … Continue reading
St Mary’s Hospital Celebrates 1000 FerriScans From Perth to Paddington! St Mary’s Hospital has become one of the first hospitals in Europe to reach a milestone of providing 1000 FerriScans (the Gold Standard MRI for measuring Liver Iron Concentration) for … Continue reading
DBA UK has processed a registration for the European Network for Rare and Congenital Anaemias (ENERCA). This will hopefully give us greater Europeans connections, expand the scope of DBA UK as well as future research and care programmes. You can … Continue reading
DBA UK, in collaboration with DBAF based in the USA, is pleased to announce funding for a project entitled, “Ribosome biogenesis, cellular signalling pathways and Diamond Blackfan anaemia.” A £27,750 grant was awarded to Nicholas James Watkins, Ph.D, a senior lecturer … Continue reading