- Jeans for Genes Day/Genetic Disorders UK Grant for DBA UK
- Great North Run (The World’s Biggest Half Marathon) 2017
- 2017 Family Weekend BOOKING NOW OPEN
- Genetic Alliance UK report on genome editing – “Genome editing technologies: the patient perspective”
- Answering questions about rare inherited anaemia!
- DBA UK Family Weekend 2016 Summary
- Congenital Anaemia Network – Family Day
- Final Preparations for Family Weekend 2016
- DBA UK Funding CRISPR Gene Research
- DBA UK Family Weekend 2016 – BOOKING OPEN
- Happy New Year!
- Support from Rainbow Trust
- DBA UK 2017 Calendar
- Great North Run 2016!
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Grant for DBA UK!
- St Mary’s Hospital Celebrates 1000 FerriScans
- IMAX for DBA UK!
- Gimme 5 Campaign!
- DBA UK Calendar
- Mapping our DBA UK Family
News by category
Category Archives: Research and Medical
We are very excited to tell you about a world first meeting happening in Freiberg, Germany over September 19th and 20th, hosted by the EuroDBA Consortium. This is a global gathering of clinicians, researchers and patient advocates from 25 different countries, … Continue reading
Dr Elspeth Payne, Senior Clinical Researcher at University College London Cancer Centre, has kindly summarised some recent DBA-related research for DBA UK. 1. Translation of branched-chain aminotransferase-1 transcripts is impaired in cells haploinsufficient for ribosomal protein genes. Pereboom TC, Bondt … Continue reading
Hi everyone, we’re pleased to announce that Dr Josu De La Fuente is in the final stages of releasing his Care Pathway for Diamond Blackfan Anaemia. He is happy for us to release it to you in it’s current form, … Continue reading
In July this year, we were very proud and pleased to send two families on behalf of DBA UK, to Camp Sunshine in America for their DBA event which is held every other year. What follows is the second piece … Continue reading
In July this year, we were very proud and pleased to send two families on behalf of DBA UK, to Camp Sunshine in America for their DBA event which is held every other year. What follows is feedback from the … Continue reading
Welcome everyone, DBA UK have had a request from Diana Wright (who will be attending this year’s Family Weekend in May) for participants in a research trial which she has obtained funding for. It is to put into context the … Continue reading